The course commonly known as Peace Building Institute (PBI) focuses on enhancing the capacities of peace building strategic actors across Africa to effectively and sustainably respond to the current and emerging challenges and new frontiers in peace and conflict mitigation. Diverse modules and components have been developed to ensure comprehensive training and skills development given different scenarios of conflicts in the continent. This includes conflicts within transitions and post-conflict reconstructions and challenges and dilemmas that emerge.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The course targets a wide range of strategic actors – both state and non-state – and include non-governmental organizations, faith communities, and public servants interested in deepening their u
understanding of conflict transformation and wishing to work in conflict settings or committed to including conflict-sensitive approaches in their programme work.
By the end of the training the learner should be able:
- To provide opportunities for peace practitioners to learn conflict transformation and peacebuilding skills
- To identify and explore theological foundations of peacebuilding and conflicts resolution
- To equip participants with knowledge and understanding of conflicts in Africa
- To enable participants to learn and understand dilemmas and challenges that encounter post-conflict reconstruction processes
- To develop an action plan and platform for sharing among participants as a follow-up strategy
- Lectures 10
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 2 hours
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes