- This is an online course, so you'll need to have a computer with an Internet connection, and you'll need a web-browser (you can use IE or FireFox). All the course materials you'll need to complete this course are provided in the course modules. You will not need to purchase any additional materials, resources, or books. You will also have the opportunity of experiencing the best online training platform. ADDITIONAL FEATURES: Online, interactive, self-paced and self-learning modules. Assignments to test your knowledge and understanding before and after the course. Opportunity to post comments, assignment answers, live chat and blogging etc.
- The course is aimed at programs and project managers, staff of NGOs, CBOs, staff of United Nations specialized agencies, donor agency field workers, volunteers, development actors, researchers, policy-makers, activists, women advocates, trainers, government officials etc.
On completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Explain clearly the concept of humanitarian diplomacy and provide examples of humanitarian diplomacy in action
- List and categorize the main actors in the field of humanitarian diplomacy and describe their roles
- Describe the interplay between relevant international law, including international humanitarian law and humanitarian diplomacy
- Analyze the role of advocacy and persuasion in humanitarian diplomacy
- Organize a humanitarian diplomacy alliance
- Plan a persuasion campaign, taking into consideration the application of fundamental humanitarian principles
- Explain how to shape or influence negotiations through obtaining and using an evidence-based approach
- Describe how different humanitarian diplomacy contexts influence negotiation outcomes
- Analyze case studies of humanitarian diplomacy, identifying goals, actors, methods, challenges, and implementation.
Course topics – Modules 1 to 8
Orientation to online learning
Introduction to the online classroom and course tools for communication and interaction.
Course length-6 months
- Lectures 8
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 2 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes