Project Cycle Management (PCM) is the method employed by civil society organizations, United Nations agencies, international development cooperation’s and non-profit organizations to carry out and manage their projects and programmers effectively. Projects Cycle Management also requires the participation of numerous stakeholders, coordination between specialists from different fields, and efficient management to solve challenging problems. This course will equip and empower participants with enhanced designing and management tools to tailor projects more adequately to meet the needs of the beneficiaries. It builds up a clear body of theory, understanding, and skills for each stage so that by the end of the course participants will have a clear competence across all stages of the cycle.
By the end of the course, participants will understand:
- The role of the project cycle, and key activities to be undertaken at each stage.
- The principles of Project Cycle Management and the Logical Framework Approach (LFA).
- How to use the LFA to assess a project document & identify information needs for a feasibility study.
- How to structure terms of reference for feasibility studies.
- The role of the log frame in project monitoring & evaluation
- The role & importance of indicators for project preparation, implementation & evaluation
- The importance of the integrated approach & the PCM basic format
Who should attend this training?
Programmer staff of humanitarian and development agencies including project managers, officers, and assistants.
The following objectives are planned to be achieved by the end of the training:
- To equip trainees with knowledge, skills, and practices on project cycle management including programming, identification, formulation, financing, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation;
- To introduce trainees to project management tools such as the Logical Framework Approach (LFA) as well as participatory approaches commonly used in projects;
- To strengthen participants’ competency in effective project management.
What learning approach and language will be used in the training?
- The training delivery method includes interactive webinar sessions,
The entire training will be facilitated in English.
When is the training period?
- Lectures 8
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 2 hours
- Language English
- Students 10
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes